Why Thirsty Scholars Partnership?
We’re part of a larger organisation specialising in recruitment and training called The Classroom Partnership. So when you complete this teaching assistant course, we can help you find a TA role through our sister company, Connex Education Partnership.
This OFQUAL regulated distance learning qualification will be recognised by schools and OFSTED and provides the skills to work in a school as a teaching assistant. You will have full support and guidance from a personal tutor for the duration of the course. There is no experience required, just a great attitude and desire to make a difference in the development of children and young people. Upon completion, you will be fully certified and able to apply for Teaching Assistant jobs in schools at Level 3.
With our recruitment links, we can also help you find work. We advise you to take an OFQUAL regulated qualification over a CPD accredited course as they are not recognised by schools.
- This is a distance-learning course that can be completed in your own time.
- No time limit.
- Assignments will be accessed via the online learning portal when they are to be completed and returned to the course tutor for assessment.
- You will receive timely feedback in order to improve your work should you need to.
- After the successful completion of the course, you will receive your nationally recognised certificate.
- Free Access to all our on-demand CPD courses with a library of on-demand bite-sized courses inc Safeguarding and Mental Health Awareness
- Understand child and young person development.
- Support learning activities.
- Understand how to safeguard the welfare of children and young people.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- Support assessment for learning.
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Support children and young people’s health and safety.
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour.
- Schools as organisations.
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings.
Who is this course for
Those who wish to work in a school as a qualified Level 3 Teaching Assistant.
Ideally, you will hold a Level 2 in English and Maths. A good level of spoken and written English is essential.