This is the most comprehensive assessing qualification and would allow you to assess NVQ’s, apprenticeships and any other regulated training in your subject area.
On completion of this course, you will be able to start your career as a qualified assessor either working for a college, training provider or freelance. Typically assessors earn 18-24k and more depending on the subject area and experience. Another great benefit of the role is that it is fairly common to have flexible working conditions and the option to work from home.
- This is a distance-learning course that can be completed in your own time.
- The course must be completed within 12 months of the start date.
- Assignments will be accessed via the online learning portal when they are to be completed and returned to the course tutor for assessment.
- You will receive timely feedback in order to improve your work should you need to.
- After the successful completion of the course, you will receive your nationally recognised certificate.
- Personal tutoring and coaching.
- You will need to assess two learners in a work environment and we will be able to help you source them.
- If you require a teaching qualification we can offer you a package that includes Level 3 Award in Education and Training just ask for details.
Unit 1 – Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
Unit 2 – Assess occupational competence in the work environment
Unit 3 – Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
Who is this course for
Someone that wants to assess people in a subject area where they have experience and qualifications.
Ideally, you will hold a Level 2 in English and Maths. A good level of spoken and written English is essential.