Why Thirsty Scholars Partnership?
We’re part of a larger organisation specialising in recruitment and training called The Classroom Partnership. So when you complete this teaching assistant course, we can help you find a TA role through our sister company, Connex Education Partnership.
This OFQUAL regulated distance learning qualification will be recognised by schools and OFSTED and provides the skills to work in a school as a teaching assistant. You will have full support and guidance from a personal tutor for the duration of the course. As this course does not involve a school placement it is ideally for those with experience working with children or those working on day to day supply.
Upon completion, you will be fully certified and able to apply for Teaching Assistant jobs in schools at Level 3.
With our recruitment links, we can also help you find work. We advise you to take an OFQUAL regulated qualification over a CPD accredited course as they are not recognised by schools.
- This is a distance-learning course that can be completed in your own time.
- No time limit.
- Assignments will be accessed via the online learning portal when they are to be completed and returned to the course tutor for assessment.
- You will receive timely feedback in order to improve your work should you need to.
- After the successful completion of the course, you will receive your nationally recognised certificate.
- Free Access to all our on-demand CPD courses with a library of on-demand bite-sized courses inc Safeguarding and Mental Health Awareness
- Unit 1- Communication and professional relationships
- Unit 2- Schools as organisations
- Unit 3- Understand child and young person development
- Unit 4- Safeguarding children and young people
Who is this course for
Those who wish to work in a school as a qualified Level 3 Teaching Assistant.
This qualification does not involve a placement in a school, therefore this it is more suitable for people with experience of working in a school or nursery.
Ideally, you will hold a Level 2 in English and Maths. A good level of spoken and written English is essential.