Through completion of this course as the participant you will understand the term ‘Adverse Childhood Experiences’ and how this impacts on the individual throughout their lifetime.
As practitioners you will be able to identify pupils within your care who may be at risk of ACEs and understand the potential impact on their emotional development, behaviour and cognitive processes.
Finally you will know and be aware of a range of ‘trauma aware’ strategies that you can put in place in your day to day pedagogy to promote best practice around ACEs within your settings to include recognising yourself as a protective factor.
- Please note this course explores the impact of early childhood trauma
- Some topics in this presentation may be triggering
- List examples are given of categories of early childhood trauma to include sexual and physical violence and neglect
- No further detail is explored
- Feel free to leave the course if a particular subject triggers you.